- Farro - 1 1/2 cups
- Red onion - 1/2 of a small onion, finely diced
- Celery stalk - 1, diced
- Cucumber - 1/2 cup, diced
- Radish - 1 cup, diced
- Red wine vinegar - 3 tbsp
- Arugula - 2 cups
- Grape tomatoes - 2 cups, halved
- 2 tbsp chopped flat leaf parsley
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- The Garlic Box Scape Salt (or salt and pepper) to taste
- 1/4 cup grated Romano cheese or feta cheese
1. Soak the farro in water for 25 minutes. Drain.
2. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add the farro and reduce to a gentle boil and cook about 15-20 minutes until just tender.
3. Drain and rinse with cold water. Add a small spoonful of olive oil and stir to coat the grains. Set aside.
4. When the farro is completely cool, add the onion, celery stalk, cucumber, radish, and parsley.
5. Stir in the vinegar and oil and season with Scape salt (or salt and pepper) to taste. (Note: salad can be made to this point and refrigerated overnight).
6. Check seasoning and add more if needed. Stir in the arugula, tomatoes and cheese.
7. Transfer to a bowl and serve.
Note: If this salad is made ahead it will be necessary to re season and add more oil and vinegar.