Chef tested at George Brown College
- Dried Cranberries - 1 cup
- Cranberry Garlic Rum Preserve - 1/4 cup
- Brie - 12 pc (sliced)
- Prosciutto - 12 pc (sliced)
- Chicken Breast Halves - 6 (skinless & boneless)
- Salt - 1/4 tsp
- Fresh Ground Black Pepper - 1/8 tsp
- All-Purpose Flour - 1/2 cup (seasoned)
- Panko Bread Crumbs - 2 cups
- Thyme - 4 sprigs, leaf only
- Unsalted Butter - 4 Tbsp (melted)
- Eggs - 2
1) Preheat oven to 350F
2) In a small pot, add the Cranberry Garlic Rum Preserve. Let cook down until liquidly. Add dried cranberries and mix until combined. Let it cool.
3) Slice brie length wise and set aside.
4) Lay the chicken breast between 2 pieces of plastic wrap. Using the flat side of a meat mallet, gently pound the chicken to 1/4-inch thickness.
5) Remove the top sheet of plastic and lay 2 slices of prosciutto neatly over the top to cover the breast, spread a tbsp of cranberry filling then 2 pieces of brie. Tuck in the sides of the breast and roll up tight like a jellyroll inside the plastic wrap.
6) Squeeze the log gently to seal and twist both ends tights to form a nice log. Repeat with remaining chicken.
7) Season the flour with salt and pepper. Mix the bread crumbs with thyme and kosher salt, pepper, and melted butter. Beat together the eggs and and season so the flour, the eggs and the crumbs are all seasoned.
8) Remove the plastic wrap. Lightly dust the chicken with flour, dip in the egg mixture and gently coat in the breadcrumbs. Lightly coat a baking pan with olive oil and carefully transfer the roulades onto it. Bake for 20 to25 minutes until browned and cooked. Internal temperature 165F.
Another delicious recipe from the kitchen of The Garlic Box