Dust off the crock-pot; here's another great way to bring your signature garlic mashed potatoes to the kitchen table; always hot, delicious and fresh. You substitute using your favourite Garlic Box potato flavour.
- Red Potatoes - 4 lbs peeled cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- Water - 1/2 cup
- Garlic Mashed potato seasoning (sub with your favourite flavour) - 2 tbsp
- Fresh Frozen Ontario Garlic Cloves - 4 cloves minced
- Butter - 1/4 cup melted
- Sour Cream - 2/3 cup
- Cream - 1/2 cup warmed
- Milk - 1/2 cup warmed
- Chives and Butter - For serving optional
- Spray a 6 quart slow cooker with non stick spray. Place potatoes in slow cooker then pour water evenly over top (if your slow cooker allows excess moisture to evaporate from the cooker I'd recommend adding in an extra 1/4 cup water.) Toss with garlic mashed potato seasoning, minced garlic and then pour butter evenly over potatoes and garlic. Cover and cook on HIGH for 4-41/2 hours until potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork (don't drain). Mash potatoes with a potato masher then add sour cream, and heavy cream. Whip with a electric hand mixer until desired texture is reached, while adding in milk to reach desired consistency. Serve warm with more butter and chives.