"The combination of fresh corn and turkey sausage is an irresistable flavour combination for your late summer chowder."
- Onion - 1, chopped
- Potato - 1, diced
- Fresh/Frozen Ontario Garlic - 1 clove, chopped
- Garlic & Cilantro Corn Fiesta Seasoning - 1 tbsp, taste then add more if needed
- Hot Pepper Flakes - 1/4 tsp
- Roma (plum) Tomatoes - 2 ripe, seeded and chopped
- Yellow or Green Zucchini - 1 small, chopped
- Corn Kernels - 3 cups, fresh from the cob or frozen
- Vegetable or Chicken Stock - 4 cups
- Whole Milk (3.25%) or Cream - 1 cup
- Red Bell Pepper - 1/4 cup, finely chopped
- Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper - to taste
- Double-Smoked Bacon - 2 oz, cut in 1/2
- Turkey Sausage - 2 large, mild
In a large pot over medium heat, saute onions until soft (5-6 minutes). Add potato, garlic and hot pepper flakes and saute for 2 minutes. Add tomatoes, zucchini, corn and stock. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool for a few minutes.
In a food processor, puree half the soup. Return the pureed soup to the vegetables in the pot. Stir in milk and bell pepper. Reheat over medium heat until steaming.
Optional: Pan fried turkey sausage or sausage pieces, drain, chop, stir into soup before serving or garnish with crisp smoked bacon bits. Serve in warm bowls.
Season with salt & pepper to taste.
Another delicious recipe from the kitchen of The Garlic Box