Rich avocado and sweet corn appreciate the zing of additional tart heat.
- kernel corn - 1 cup
- water - 4 cups
- chopped white onion - 1 ½ cups
- firm, ripe avocados, cubed - 2
- freshly squeezed lime juice - 2 tbsp
- sour cream - ¼ cup
- chopped cilantro - ½ cup
- olive oil - ¼ cup
- Garlic Chili Lime Chicken Splash - 4 tbsp.
- Salt & pepper to taste -
1) Char fresh corn on the cob before shucking or heat and dry well seasoned cast-iron skillet and roast corn over moderately high heat, turning occasionally, about 10 minutes.
2) Bring corn, water, Garlic Chili Lime Chicken Splash, onion to boil in 3-quart saucepan and boil until liquid is reduce to about 3 cups (20 min.) Remove from heat and cool.
3)Puree corn mixture. Replace saucepan to burner and lightly heat cilantro in oil about 3 minutes (reserving a few sprigs for garnish).Add to corn puree with avocado and lime juice. Adjust seasoning. Fold in sour cream before serving.
Another delicious recipe from the kitchen of The Garlic Box