What's the secret to the best chopped salad? Getting all those wonderfully crisp and colourful fresh vegetables coated with just the right amount of dressing. This simple salad recipe shows you exactly.
- Romaine Lettuce - 2 hearts
- Fresh Corn - 2 ears, kernels cut from cob (option frozen corn)
- Green Beans - 1/2 cup, trimmed and cut in 2
- Cherry Tomatoes - 1 cup, halved
- Cucumber - 1, seeded and chopped
- Fresh Chives - 1/4 cup, finely chopped
- Garlic Scape Sea Salt - to taste
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper - to taste
- Avocado - 1 halved, seeded, peeled, and cut into chunks
- Bacon - 6 slices, crisp-cooked and chopped
- Garlic & Dill Dressing -
- Cut lettuce into bite-size pieces. Cook corn and green beans in a large amount of rapidly boiling, lightly salted water for 1 to 3 minutes.
- In a very large salad bowl combine corn, beans, cherry tomatoes, and cucumber. Sprinkle with Garlic Scape Sea Salt, pepper and half the chives. Add two to three spoonfuls of Garlic & Dill Dressing and toss gently.
- Add lettuce to bowl. Sprinkle with Garlic Scape Sea Salt, pepper,and most of the remaining chives. Add an additional drizzle of Garlic & Dill Dressing. Gather vegetables from the bottom of the bowl and lift up and over the lettuce. Repeat until ingredients are just mixed, adding additional dressing as necessary to coat. Just before serving, add the avocado and bacon. Top serving with additional chives.
Another delicious recipe from the kitchen of The Garlic Box