This great chili has to be one of the best dishes to serve to friends for a casual get together.
Chef tested at George Brown College.
- Oil - 1 Tbsp
- Onion - 1 small, diced
- Red Pepper - 1 deseeded and julienne
- Fresh/Frozen Mkt Garlic - 2 cloves, finely chopped
- Chili Powder - 1 Tbsp
- Smoked Garlic Seasoning - 1 Tbsp, (add more if needed)
- Lean Beef - 500 g (minced)
- Beef Stock - 1 cup
- Chopped Tomatoes - 1 can
- Smoked Garlic Grilling Sauce - 1/2 cup
- Tomato Paste - 1 Tbsp
- Tomato Puree - 1/2 cup
- Kidney Beans - 1 can
1) In a medium pot, add oil and onion. Cook onions until translucent and soft. Add garlic, red peppers, spices, and tomato paste. Stir until cooked. Then add the lean beef; with a wooden spoon minced the beef while it is cooking.
2) Add 1 cup of beef broth, chopped tomatoes, Smoked Garlic Grilling Sauce, and tomato puree. Stir and bring to a boil. When boiled gently bring it down to a simmer and add the beans. Cover and let cook for 20 minutes.
3) Constantly stir. If need add more spices for flavour.
4) Serve with bread or on rice.
Another delicious recipe for the kitchen of The Garlic Box