This fresh tasting “party” style soup is a cinch to make (a crock pot will do
the job). Serve with avocado diced for the garnish!!
- Garlic Chili Lime Chicken Splash - ¼ cup, more to taste.
- Tequila - 2 tbsp
- Chicken Breasts - 2 -4, bonless,skinless,cubed
- Diced Tomatoes - 1 can
- Niblet Corn - 1 small can
- Onion - 1 medium, chopped
- Cooking oil - 2 tsp
- Chicken Stock - 2-3 cup
- Frozen/Fresh Mkt Garlic - 2 cloves, chopped
- Chili pepper minced (optional) -
- Fresh chopped cilantro - 2 tsp
Place chicken breasts in a zip lock bag with Garlic Chili Lime Chicken Splash to
marinade (minimum two hours). Remove, cube chicken into bite size pieces and
throw out splash.
Saute onion in oil until fragrant, add garlic and chili pepper if using. Stir in cubed
chicken pieces and lightly sauté until juices sealed in. Stir in tomatoes then add
chicken stock. Season to taste with Garlic Chili Lime Chicken Splash. Simmer
20-30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
Stir in niblet corn and tequila; heat through. Add cilantro and adjust seasoning
with Garlic Chili Lime Chicken Splash.
Serve in bowls garnished with a dollop of sour cream and generous shaving of
NOTE: Recipe adapts well to addition of sweet red or green peppers in the soup
and avocado diced for the garnish.