Submitted by Joanne at "What's Cookin" in Erin, Ontario. This fast and delicious
meal was developed as a friendly approach to meal planning.
- cooked chicken, diced fine (may use sliced smoked chicken, shredded or diced fine) - 1 lb.
- Olive Tapenade with Garlic - 1 jar
- roasted red pepper, diced fine - 1/2 cup (approx.)
- Garlic Mashed Potato Seasoning - 1 tsp.
- good quality sour cream - 1 cup
- Mozzarella/Smoked Swiss or Gouda cheese shredded - 1/2 lb. (approx.)
- Tortilla 10 -
Blend Garlic Mashed Potato Seasoning with sour cream and set aside (may be
made in advance & refrigerated).
Toss diced chicken, roasted, diced red pepper, Olive Tapenade with Garlic and
enough cheese to bind. Dollop onto flat tortilla shell spreading close to edge and
top with second tortilla shell to resemble a pizza sandwich.
In a dry pan, fry both sides of pizza sandwich until cheese melts. Transfer to cutting
board and slice pizza style, serve with sour cream dip on the side.
Note: This recipe adapts well to the BBQ or frying in butter. For added kick, fry in
butter seasoned with Garlic Mashed Potato Seasoning Mix. Leftover sour cream
is great in soups, as a dip or served with baked potatoes. As a snack, lightly fry
leftover tortilla shells in seasoned (Garlic Mashed Potato Seasoning) butter until
crispy. Cut into wedges and serve warm with sour cream.