- Pasta ( your choice ) - 8 oz
- Butter - 3 tbsp
- Chicken Breast or tenders - 1 pound cut into 1-inch pieces
- All purpose flour - 2 tbsp
- White cheddar & chive garlic potato seasoning w/bacon - 2-3 tbsp
- Milk - 1 1/2 cup
- Chicken broth - 1/2 cup
- Salt - 1 tsp or to taste
- Pepper - 1/4 tsp
- Dried leaf thyme - 1/2 tsp
- Cheddar cheese - 8 oz
- Frozen peas - 1 cup thawed
- Bread crumbs - 1 cup
- Melted butter - 1 tbsp
- Cook pasta in boiling salt water following package instruction.
- Grease a 2 1/2 to 3 quart baking dish. Heat oven to 350.
- Pour off grease in the skillet. Add 2 tbsp of butter to skillet and cook the chicken over medium-low heat until cooked through, about 5 min on each side lightly season to taste remove and place in baking dish.
- Add flour and white cheddar & chive garlic potato seasoning w/bacon and stir until blended into the fat. Gradually stir in the milk, cooking and stirring until slightly thickened. Stir in salt, pepper, and thyme. Add the cheese and thawed peas.
- Spoon into baking dish.
- Combine bread crumbs with 1 tbsp of melted butter sprinkle over the casserole. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until the topping is browned and casserole is bubbly.