- Chicken breasts - 2 skin-on, bone-in (about 2lbs)
- Vegetable Oil - 1/3 cup plus 1 tbsp
- Apple Cider & Garlic Vinaigrette - 2 tbsp
- Dijon Mustard - 1 tbsp plus 1 tsp
- Honey - 1 tsp
- Gala Apples - 2
- Walnuts - 1/2 cup chopped
- Escarole - 1 small head, torn into pieces
- Arugula - 2 - 3 cups loose leaf
- Aged Cheddar Cheese - shredded (about 1 cup)
- Kosher salt & Freshly ground pepper -
1) Preheat the oven to 375F. Season the chicken with 1 tsp salt, and pepper to taste. Heat 1 tbsp vegetable oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken, skin-side down, and cook until golden, about 5 minutes. Transfer the skillet to the oven (do not flip the chicken); roast until a thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the meat registers 165F, about 25 minutes.
2) Meanwhile, make the dressing: Whisk the apple cider vinaigrette, mustard and honey in a large bowl. Gradually add the remaining 1/3 cup vegetable oil, whisking until emulsified.
3) Remove the chicken from the bone; slice thin or shred the chicken. Thinly slice the apples and add to the dressing along with the walnuts, escarole and arugula; season with salt and pepper. Toss the salad and top with the chicken and cheese.
Serve with a Multigrain bread (optional)
Another delicious recipe from the kitchen of The Garlic Box