A garlicky and buttery pull apart bread with the zing of scape pesto on every slice. Excellent with soups, salads, and your favourite breakfast bake.
- 1 french loaf - or bread of your choice
- butter - 1.5 sticks
- Garlic Scape Pesto - 1 container (about 6oz)
- mozzarella - 8oz shredded
- parmesan cheese - 1/4 cup grated
- olive oil - 1-2 tbsp
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Slice your bread into 1 inch pieces, but do not cut all the way through the bottom. Leave about 1/4 inch so that the bread is all still connected. Set aside.
3. Melt half of the butter on the stove and add grated garlic. Turn to low heat (being careful not to burn the garlic) for flavours to transfer, remove from heat.
4. Add the hot garlicky butter into a bowl along with the other stick of butter and the scape pesto. The hot butter will melt the other butter and it will become a soft mixture.
5. Lay a large piece of foil on a baking sheet. Then lay the French loaf on top of the foil.
6. Spoon the garlic scape pesto butter into each crevice of the bread. Then do the same thing with the shredded mozzarella.
7. Wrap the bread with foil and place into the oven for 20 minutes. after 20 minutes, take the bread out and lower the foil so that the bread is no longer wrapped. Now brush the top of the bread with olive oil. Then sprinkle on the parmesan cheese on top. Place back in the oven for 10 minutes.
8. Remove from the oven and enjoy while hot.