This risotto can be used as a side dish or make it fun and make cheese risotto balls.
- Barley - 1 cup
- Onion - 1 small diced
- Fresh or Frozen Ontario garlic cloves - 2 cloves minced
- Roasted Garic Oil w Scapes - 3 tsp
- Dry white wine or Garlic Wine - 1/2 cup
- White Cheddar & Chive Garlic Potato Seasoning w/Bacon - 3 tbsp
- Green garlic or green onion - 3tbsp chopped
- White cheddar cheese or Havarti - 1/2 cup shredded
- Chicken broth, vegetable broth or water - 3 to 4 cups
- In a sauce pan warm up the chicken, vegetable broth or water that you are using to help the risotto cook more evenly and quickly. Keep it beside your large sauce pan for ladling, scoop by scoop, into your grain.
- In a large sauce pan add roasted garlic oil w scapes and sauté garlic cloves and onion until soft, add the barley and toast until fragrant (about 2 min).
- Add the white wine to continue building the flavor. The slight acidity of a Sauvignon Blanc blends wonderfully in a risotto. Once this has incorporated itself into the risotto add 1 cup of broth and let it absorb, once this happens repeat this step with the rest of broth until all has been absorbed into the risotto.
- Once risotto has been fully cooked mix in the White Cheddar & Chive Garlic Potato Seasoning w/bacon, butter and Cheese.
Recipe by: Adam Masse