Halloumi cheese, sometimes just called "grilling cheese", is making it's way up the list of popular food trends - and with good reason! Halloumi cheese is a delicious and uniquely grillable cheese.
- Eggs - 8
- Milk - 6 ounces
- Halloumi Cheese (optional -Chaource Cheese) - 250 G
- Fresh Chives - 1 Tbsp, chopped
- Garlic Scape Sea Salt - to taste
- Fresh Ground Pepper - to taste
1) Beat the whole eggs in a bowl with the milk and the chopped chives. Cut the halloumi into dice and add them to the mixture. Season with garlic scape sea salt & fresh ground pepper.
2) Heat a frying pan with a thick base, add the butter. Pour the mixture into the pan.
3) Stir with a spatula so that it cooks evenly. Cook gently for 4 to 5 minutes, depending on the desired consistency of the omelette.
4) Separate the edges with the spatula, fold the omelette in half and tip it onto a hot serving dish.
Another delicious recipe from the kitchen of The Garlic Box