- vegetable oil - 2 tbsp
- all-purpose flour - ¼ cup
- skimmed milk, warmed - 3 cups
- Garlic & Blue Cheese Potato Seasoning - 2 tbsp
- crumbled Stilton cheese (optional) - ¼ cup
- Dijon mustard - 1 tsp
- salt - ½ tsp
- pepper - ¼ tsp
- Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced - 3
- small sweet potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced - 2
- small onion, thinly sliced - 1
Heat oil over medium-high heat in saucepan. Add flour and cook, stirring for 1 minute. Whisk in milk slowly and continue whisking gently for about 5 minutes or until mixture is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
Remove from heat and add Garlic & Blue Cheese Potato Seasoning and Stilton cheese, mustard, salt and pepper; whisk until smooth. Set aside.
Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C)
Alternately layer Yukon Gold and sweet potatoes with onion in lightly greased or sprayed 13 x 9-inch casserole dish.
Pour milk mixture evenly over potatoes. Bake in oven, uncovered for about 1 hour or until potatoes are golden brown and tender when pierced with a knife.
Another delicious recipe from the kitchen of The Garlic Box