- frozen smoked whole garlic cloves, rinsed and patted dry - 1 c.
- onion chopped - 1 cup
- white wine - 1 cup
- carrots, chopped - 1 cup
- red baby beets, blanched, peeled and chopped - 4 cups
- olive oil - 1 cup
- lemon - juiced
- stock - 6 cups (more as required)
- butter - 1 cup
- Salt and pepper to taste -
- Chopped egg - (Garnish Options)
- Chevre - (Garnish Options)
- Pesto - (Garnish Options)
- Black Pepper Boursin cheese - (Garnish Options)
- Crème fraiche - (Garnish Options)
- Sprinkling of smoked paprika - (Garnish Options)
In large pot, heat olive oil. Add garlic and sauté 2 minutes. Add onion and continue sautéing until browned.
Add carrots and salt and pepper to taste. Continue to sauté until carrots are glistening.
Add white wine, reduce.
To the pot, add beets and stock and cover and simmer until beets are tender.
Remove from heat add butter, lemon juice and season to taste. Blend and strain. If too thick, add more stock.