This delicious savoury quick bread is great to have in your repertoire for a simple supper, luncheon side or Sunday brunch. Serve with generous amounts of butter or a nicely aged cheddar.
- Sour Cream - 3/4 cup
- Vegetable Oil - 1/2 cup + 1 tbsp
- Eggs - 2
- Flour - 1 3/4 cups
- Sugar - 1 tbsp
- Garlicky Italian Seasoning - 1 tbsp
- Baking Powder - 1 1/2 tsp
- Lemon Zest - 1 tsp
- Salt & Pepper - 1/4 tsp each
- Baking Soda - 1/4 tsp
- Cayenne - 1/4 tsp
- Onion - 2 - sliced
- Kale - 5 ounces, chopped
- Bacon - 1/2 cup, crumbled
Basic Quick Bread
1) Preheat the oven to 350F and line a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan with parchment paper, leaving an overhang on two sides; coat well with cooking spray.
2) Add the batter and bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean (see recipes for times).
3) Let cool 1 hour, then remove the loaf from the pa and transfer to a rack to cool completely.
Whisk sour cream, vegetable oil and eggs. Separately, whisk flour, sugar, Garlicky Italian Seasoning, baking powder, lemon zest, baking soda, cayenne, salt & pepper.
Fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
Caramelize onions in olive oil over medium-low heat, 30 minutes. Saute' kale in olive oil. Add the onions, kale and crumbled cooked bacon into batter.
Bake 40-50 minutes.
Another delicious recipe from the kitchen of The Garlic Box