- Balsamic & Garlic Caramelized Onions - (recipe on line)
- rye bread - 6 slices
- smoked cheddar cheese - 6 oz
- tart apple such as a Spy or Granny Smith, thinly sliced - ½
- butter - 3 tbsp.
- Follow recipe for Balsamic & Garlic Caramelized Onions.
- Butter bread both sides.
- Place half the cheddar cheese on 3 slices bread.
- Top cheese with a generous tbsp caramelized onions.
- Finish with apple slice and remaining cheese.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium heat. Add sandwiches to pan and cook until cheese is melted and bread slices are golden, 3-4 minutes per side.
- Press with spatula to help sandwiches stick together better.
Another delicious recipe from the kitchen of The Garlic Box