Adapted from Rachel Ray
- Walnuts - 3/4 cup, toasted,cooled and coarsely chopped
- Neufchatel Cheese or Cream Cheese Softened - 1 - 8 ounce brick
- Frozen Spinach - 1 - 10 ounce box chopped, defrosted and well-drained
- Ontario Fresh or Frozen Peeled Garlic - 2 cloves
- Salt and Pepper - to tasted
- Freshly Grated Nutmeg -
- Boneless,Skinless Chicken Breast - 6 pieces, butterflied to open them up like a book
- Smokey Bacon or Speck - 1/3 lb thinly sliced
- Olive Oil or Canola Oil - 1/4 tbs divided
- Lemon - juice of 1
- Apple Cider & Garlic Vinaigrette - 2 Tbsp
- Dijon Mustard - rounded teaspoon
- Honey - rounded teaspoon
- Crisp Apple - 1 thinly sliced
- Celery with Leafy Tops - 4 ribs, thinly sliced on bias
- Red Onion - 1/2, thinly sliced
- Watercress - 4 cups
Preheat oven to 400F
Combine walnuts with soft cheese, spinach, garlic, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Season chicken with salt and pepper, and divide cheese mixture among the breasts. Close the chicken breasts over filling. Wrap the chicken with bacon or speck, slightly overlapping the slices.
Heat a heavy skillet over medium-high heat with 1 tbsp. oil and lightly brown chicken on all sides. Transfer skillet to oven and bake 15-20 minutes to cook through.
While the chicken is in the oven, whisk up lemon juice, vinegar, Dijon, honey and remaining olive oil . Combine apple, celery, onions and greens with dressing and season with salt and pepper.
Serve stuffed chicken with salad along side.
Another delicious recipe from the kitchen of The Garlic Box