Spring is here with its abundance of fresh produce, the perfect time to eat healthy. Did you know asparagus is high in Vitamin A,C and K and is also a rich source of folic acid? This makes it the perfect vegetable for healthy skin, eyes, teeth and bones, metabolizing fat and building healthy babies.
- Fresh Local Asparagus - 25 to 30 spears, ends removed
- Lemon Parmesan Vinaigrette
- Fresh Lemon Juice - 1/4 cup
- Fresh/Frozen Ontario Garlic - 2 to 3 large cloves, peeled
- Dijon Mustard - 2 Tbsp.
- Olive Oil - 1/2 cup
- Fresh Parmesan Cheese - 1/2 cup, finely grated
- Garlic Scape Sea Salt & Fresh Ground Pepper - to taste
Place lemon juice, garlic and mustard in a blender or food processor. Process on low speed, adding olive oil and blending until smooth. Add Parmesan and blend until slightly thickened. Season with Garlic Scape Sea Salt and fresh ground pepper.
Blanch or steam asparagus. Drain and toss with Lemon Parmesan Vinaigrette. Serve with shards of fresh Parmesan.
NOTE: Vinaigrette will keep for two weeks in the fridge. If it separates, bring to room temperature and shake well before using.
Another delicious recipe from the kitchen of The Garlic Box