This easy Asparagus and Goat Cheese Quiche is perfect for a Sunday brunch or light dinner. Serve with mixed greens and cherry tomatoes dressed with a little olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Ramkins - 6 - buttered
- Eggs - 4
- Milk - 1/2 cup
- Whipping Cream - 1/2 cup
- Nutmeg - pinch, finely grated
- Thyme - 2 tsp, chopped
- Salt & Freshly Ground Pepper - to taste
- Soft Goat Cheese - 4 to 5 ounces, crumbled
- Asparagus - 1/2 bunch, trimmed, cut into thirds and blanched (keep a few tips to garnish-raw)
- Parmesan Cheese - 2 tbsp, grated
- Fresh/Frozen Garlic Cloves - 2 cloves sliced and sauteed in 1 tbsp butter/ or 4 stems, white part only spring garlic
1) Preheat oven to 350F.
2) To make the filling: Beat eggs in a large bowl until combined. Whisk in milk and cream. Add thyme, nutmeg and salt and pepper. Whisk to combine. Set aside.
3) Add cheese, asparagus and garlic to egg mixture. Sprinkle tops with parmesan cheese.
4) Bake until centre of quiche is just set, about 30 minutes. Let quiche stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Optional: 2 strips pre-cooked bacon, finely diced.
Another delicious recipe from the kitchen of The Garlic Box