This simple salad has a perfect mix bitter (arugula), sweet (Asian pear) and tangy
(vinaigrette) with the (crunch) of pumpkin seeds. Try it with green apples or Bosc
pears if Asian are hard to find.
- Apple Cider & Garlic Vinaigrette - ¼ cup
- fresh lemon juice - 1 tbsp
- honey - 1 teaspoon
- Salt & pepper to taste -
- baby arugula (can be mixed with spinach) - 5 ounces
- Asian pears, peeled, cored and very thinly sliced - 3
- salted, roasted pumpkin seeds - ¼ cup
- fresh goat cheese, crumbled - 3 ounces
In small bowl, whisk the Apple Cider & Garlic Vinaigrette with honey and lemon juice and salt & pepper to taste.
In a large bowl, toss arugula with pear slices and pumpkin seeds. Add the dressing and toss well. Top with goat cheese and serve.
NOTE: Dressing can be made in advance and refrigerated overnight.l: Walnuts may be seasoned with a sprinkling of cayenne powder while roasting.
Another delicious recipe from the kitchen of The Garlic Box