A perfect Summer to Autumn transition salad that incorporates fresh apple and local maple syrup.
- Spring mix greens - 4 handfuls, washed
- Toasted walnuts (can substitute with pecans) - 1 cup
- Goats cheese - 1/4 cup, crumbled
- Apple (try pink lady or honey crisp) - 1, thinly sliced
- Red Onion (optional) - 1/4 cup
- Apple Cider & Garlic Vinaigrette - 1/3 cup
- Maple Syrup (local & Canadian) - 2 tbsp
Note: This salad is excellent when topped with chicken breast.
1. place the spring greens in a bowl and top with toasted walnuts, goats cheese, thinly sliced apple and (optional) red onion.
2. In a mason jar add the Apple Cider & Garlic Vinaigrette and local maple syrup. Shake well, then drizzle over the salad.