Sweet glazed chicken and nutty quinoa, a sure way to impress your guests.
- Quinoa - 1 cup, dry
- Walnuts - 1/2 cup, chopped
- Chicken Breasts - 3, skinless & boneless
- Olive Oil - 1 tbsp
- Parsley - 1/3 cup, chopped
- Apple Cider Vinaigrette - 6 tbsp
- Maple Syrup - 2 tbsp
- Dijon Mustard - 1 tsp
1. Cook quinoa according to package directions, about 12 minutes.
2. Toast walnuts in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Stir often, until walnuts are golden (about 2 minutes). Set aside in a medium bowl.
3. Season both sides of the chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Add 1 tbsp oil to pan, then add the chicken. Cook until bottom of chicken is golden brown, about 3 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low. Flip chicken and cook covered until golden and cooked all the way through, about 7 minutes.
4. Stir walnuts and parsley into quinoa. In a bowl, whisk together the Apple Cider Vinaigrette, maple syrup and mustard. Add salt to taste. Reserve 2 tbsp of dressing, then stir the remainder into the quinoa until thoroughly coated.
5. Spread quinoa onto plate, then thinly slice chicken breasts and lay on quinoa. Drizzle with the reserved dressing.