This fresh and crisp salad is excellent served with pork (it can even be wilted and served warm). In a pinch, celery can fill in for the celery root.
- Apple Cider & Garlic Vinaigrette - ½ cup
- Dijon mustard - 1 tbsp
- olive oil - 1-2 tbsp
- red radishes slice thin - 4
- medium celery root, peeled and cut into matchsticks - 1
- medium fennel bulb halved lengthwise, thinly sliced - 1
- unpeeled apple, washed, cut into strips - 1
- Parmesan cheese shavings -
- Romaine leaves – left whole -
Whisk first 3 ingredients in measuring cup. Place a romaine leaf on each plate. Toss celery root, fennel, apple and radish. Drizzle in vinaigrette and toss again. Spoon salad onto romaine leaf. Top with shaved cheese.
Season to taste to freshly cracked black pepper.
Another delicious recipe from the kitchen of The Garlic Box