This recipe is a real guest-pleaser; always fresh and easy to prep in advance.
- Granny Smith Apple - 1, cored and julienned
- Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing - see recipe below
- Blue Cheese - 1 cup, crumbled
- Pecans - 1/2 cup, chopped
- Turkey Bacon - 4 slices
- Romaine Lettuce - 6 cups, torn
- Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Super Garlicky Bread Dipper w/Blue Cheese - 1/4 cup
- Balsamic Vinegar with Garlic - 1 tsp
- Dijon Mustard - 1/4 tsp
1) Combine the Super Garlicky Bread Dipper w/Blue Cheese, Balsamic Vinegar with Garlic and Dijon Mustard together in a glass jar with lid. Replace lid on the jar and shake vigorously until thoroughly combined.
2) Place the julienned apple into a bowl with the balsamic vinaigrette. Refrigerate for at least one hour to marinate.
3) Cook bacon in the microwave or in skillet over medium-high heat until browned. Drain, and crumble.
4) In a salad bowl, combine the blue cheese, pecans, bacon and romaine lettuce, and toss to blend. When ready to serve, pour the apples and dressing over the top.
Another delicious recipe from the kitchen of The Garlic Box