A whole baked chicken that is sure to impress. If you like garlic, you will love this recipe.
- Roasting chicken - 1 (5-6 pounds)
- Frozen garlic cloves - The Garlic Box - 40
- Onion - 1 small, quartered
- Canola oil - 1/4 cup
- Lemon Rosemary Poultry Rub - The Garlic Box - 2 tbsp
- Salt and pepper - To taste
1. Place chicken breast side up on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Stuff onion in chicken; tie drumsticks together. Arrange the garlic cloves around the chicken. Combine the oil, Lemon and Rosemary Poultry Rub, salt and pepper and drizzle over the chicken and garlic
2. Cover and bake the chicken at 350F for 1 3/4 hours. Uncover and bake 30-45 minutes longer or until a thermometer inserted in thickest part of the thigh reads 170-175F, basting occasionally with pan drippings. If the chicken browns too quickly, cover it loosely with foil. After it is removed from the oven, cover and let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.