A satisfying, creamy comfort food for a cold day!
- fresh mushrooms, sliced - 8 ounces
- The Garlic Box Roasted Garlic and Sea Salt - 1 tsp
- cooking onions, chopped - 2 Tbsp.
- Fresh/Frozen Ontario Garlic Cloves - 2
- butter - 2 Tbsp.
- flour - 2-3 Tbsp.
- chicken broth - 2 cups
- light cream or evaporated milk - 1 cup
- nutmeg - 1/4 tsp.
1. In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add the sliced mushrooms, diced onions, and minced garlic and cook until soft. (If using frozen garlic, it is not necessary to thaw before mincing)
2. Blend in 1 Tbsp. flour and stir until a paste forms then immediately add chicken broth. Stir frequently.
3. To the cream, add the remaining 1 Tbsp of flour and seasonings. Mix well and then add mixture to the soup. Heat until thickened while stirring frequently.
4. Reduce heat to low and season with salt and pepper.